Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Spielberg Being Sued Over Disturbia vs Rear Window

Recently when I was watching the movie "Disturbia" on HBO (I missed it when it was playing at the theater) the thought popped in my head, Oh this is like a remake of Alfred Hitcocks movie "Rear Window." I didn't think too much about it because this kind of thing is done all the time. And in my opinion the ending of "Disturbia" is where that movie fell apart.

But then comes the news from Reuters.com in an article titled Spielberg ripped off Hitchcock classic: lawsuit. Again I was surprised because I thought the movies were similar, but I never guessed that permission was not granted to use the story.
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Steven Spielberg and major Hollywood studios stole the plot from Alfred Hitchcock's classic 1954 film "Rear Window" in making last year's "Disturbia," a lawsuit filed in Manhattan federal court on Monday said.

La Finestra sul Cortila- Rear Window
La Finestra sul Cortila- Rear Window Masterprint

Buy at AllPosters.com




No comments: